on Open and Linked Open Data for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment, Transport and Rural Development
The OPEN DATA HACKATHON will be organised as a part of 18th International Conference on Information Systems for Agriculture and Forestry from 15th till 17th September at the Latvia University of Agriculture, 2 Liela Street, LV-3001 Jelgava, Latvia.
See Hackhathon Wiki http://odh.isaf2014.info/projects/open-data-hackathon/wiki
The purpose of the OPEN DATA HACKATHON:
- To identify available open and linked open data sources in agriculture, forestry, environment and transport.
- To exchange experience between teams and projects developing platforms for open and linked open data.
- To establish links between open and linked open data producers, SMEs and free-lance developers.
- To support development of new apps based on open data in agriculture, forestry, environment and transport and their commercial exploitation.
Who we are looking for:
- Organisations which are data holders, developing open platforms and interested in making their solutions publicly available. This includes interoperability testing of your platforms and attracting potential external developers or investors.
- SMEs and freelance developers interested in developing new apps based on open and linked open data.
- Potential investors looking for new interesting products.
- The OPEN DATA HACKATHON is free of charge for students and freelancer.
Rules for participation:
- All participants will participate on their own costs.
- Students and freelance developers will have a free access to the OPEN DATA HACKATHON and the ISAF conference (excluding the Ice Breaker party and the social dinner). Other participants should pay the conference fee.
- All participants must be registered in advance (see the instructions below).
- 15th September 2014
- 9 00 Invitation and short introduction to the OPEN DATA HACKATHON
- 9 15 Introduction of sponsors, technical supporters and available data sources
- 10 00 Start of the OPEN DATA HACKATHON
- 17 30 End of the first day
- 16th September 2014
- 9 00 Short overview from the first day
- 9 30 Start of the second day
- 17 00 – 18 00 Presentation of the OPEN DATA HACKATHON’s results and conclusions at the International Workshop.
- 17th September 2014
- 9 00 – 12 00 Presentation of the OPEN DATA HACKATHON’s results and conclusions at the International Workshop.
Registration, preparation and contacts
For registration to the OPEN DATA HACKATHON, please fill in the registration form before 5th September 2014.
As a preparation for the OPEN DATA HACKATHON, links to available data sources will be collected and published on the OPEN DATA HACKATHON web page. This should give an opportunity for participants to get well prepared. If you would like to share some links to data sources, please contact us.